I found this recipe when I was searching for easy homemade recipes. We can go through bread so fast! This was a way to cut down on costs of buying bread every week. The recipe also makes TWO loaves! SCORE!!
We cut them in half after they are cooled and store them in gallon sized bags.
Let me know if you have any questions!
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1 egg beaten
2 tsp salt
5-7 cups all-purpose flour
1) Heat together the milk. butter, and honey in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and then heat for another 45 seconds. Cool liquids down to lukewarm if too hot.
2) Pour the milk mixture into a large bowl or heavy duty mixer. I used my Kitchenaid and it was a LIFESAVER!!
Someone is EXCITED for some homemade bread!!
3) Add the yeast, egg, salt, and enough flour to stir together to make a moderately stiff dough. Knead for about 6 minutes. Since I used my Kitchenaid, I switched to a dough hook and let it run for 6 minutes.
**If it’s too sticky I throw in a little flour at a time. If it’s breaking apart, I had a tsp or 2 of water.**
4) Genereously grease two loaf pans. I used Crisco for this part.
5) Take the dough out of the bowl and onto the counter. You might want to use a little flour on the counter. Break the dough into 2 halves and form 2 loafs.
6) Place each loaf in a bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until it’s brown on top.
ITEMS I USED:
Loaf Pans (we bought 2 of these)
Dough Hook (You need to find one that fits your model)