I love a good craft that Norah and I can do together.
When she went to daycare, they painted all the time and she loved it! I tried to find something that she would enjoy. It was a bonus that it was themed! 🙂
1) Tape off 2 straight lines for the flag. This is going to be the white lines at the end.
2) I also taped off the part where the “stars” would go. In this case, it’s her hand. I wanted to be able to give her this and she go at it!
3) I put some red paint on a paper plate and let her go!
4) Despise her liking, I painted a few spots that were left blank. 🙂
She’s have the BEST time!!! (with crazy hair! Haha!)
5) Carefully take the painters tape off. You could wait until it’s dry but I was a little inpatient.
6) Put a little blue paint on the plate and paint on hand with a clean paintbrush.
7) Carefully press their hand onto the “stars” section of the flag. It was tricky and it’s not perfect but I’m okay with it.
A few tidbits:
**The aprons come in a pack of 12 I believe. You can always stash a few back and re-gift to a friend later with some brushes, paint, etc.
**I used a cheap reusable tablecloth for my paint projects. Afterwards, I forgot about our place mats we use for coloring, eating, crafts, etc. They are PERFECT for everything and clean so easily. I linked above! They do go on sale and I got them on prime shipping. Sometimes you just have to put it in your list and check back. That’s what I did! 🙂
**This isn’t perfect BUT she loved it and I think it shows how the season of like we’re in AKA “not perfect.” 🙂
**I put this up on a stand as decor. I will get this out each year as a festive decor piece.
I hope you are your little enjoy as much as we did! Let me know if you would like to see more toddler craft ideas!