Let me first say that this recipe is SO EASY!!!
I got this recipe from a website a few years ago and finally made the time to try it. I’m not sure why I didn’t try sooner!
You can make this for a party or store and freeze for later!
Soda Cracker Toffee
1 roll of saltine crackers
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups chocolate chips
1) Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with Pam
2) Place saltine crackers in a single layer with salt side up
3) Mix the brown sugar and butter in a pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes while stirring constantly!
4) Remove from heat and add vanilla
5) Pour mixture over crackers and spread evenly
6) Bake at 350 for 5 minutes or until very bubbly (make sure they don’t burn)
7) Remove from heat and cover with chocolate chips, spread the melted chocolate to edges
8) Let them cool completely and then break into bars (I put mine in the fridge for about an hour)
9) Enjoy!! I have a bag in the fridge and a bag in the freezer anytime I need a sweet treat! 🙂